About Us > YWCA Careers & Job Network
The YWCA offers a variety of paid and volunteer positions. Contact us to learn more about how you can contribute to your community.
The following positions are currently available:
There are no positions available at this time.
Check back soon....
Please submit employment application with resumes
Assists the YWCA Abused Women’s Services staff with the day to day shelter/agency operations, with a six month commitment required. Volunteer reports to the Community Education Director.
- To become familiar with shelter, staff, and organizational structure
- To understand policies and procedures.
- To understand the purpose and use of documentation and forms.
- To become familiar with other agencies and resources.
- To respond to crisis phone calls and request for referrals.
- To provide reflective listening to the women and children in the shelter.
- To help maintain a clean and orderly environment.To perform other duties as needed.
- Commitment to time as scheduled
- Open communication of questions and concerns
- Additional reading and training as may be necessary
- Adherence to AWS policies and procedures
- Personal interview
- Three letters of reference
- Copy of driver’s license
- Pre-service training
- In-service training
- Criminal background check
Apply at YWCA:
766 S. Highland Street
Memphis, TN 38111
Mon. – Fri. 9:00 a.m. – 3:00 p.m.
Download the volunteer application form