What qualities should I look for in a good relationship
In a good relationship the other person:
- Wants you to share equally in making decisions and in responsibilities that concern what you do together.
- Wants you to have the freedom to give your opinion and decide what you think is best for you.
- Feels safe to admit and share fears and insecurities with you and helps you feel safe to do the same.
- Accepts that no means no.
- Respects your physical space. Doesn’t get in your face to talk.
- Doesn’t disrespect other people or family members or call them names.
- Respects the right to have different opinions and feelings, different friends and activities.
- Is not jealous of others.
- Supports your goals.
- Doesn’t feel that it is necessary to give material things as a sign of affection.
YWCA-Abused Women's Services Crisis Hotline: (901) 725-4277